Sunday, August 21, 2011

Checking out the Yard

Today we visited the new house with our dog! I figured out where I am going to put my greenhouse, and I discovered 4 young fruit trees in the yard!! The only one with a label on it was a D'Anjou Pear. They come in a couple different colors, so it will be so exciting to see what we've got there! No fruit on it right now.
The other three trees are unknowns. Probably fruit trees though, they have that look. They're planted in a really shady, dry part of the yard. I will be moving them first thing into a sunnier area; I hope they survive! I hope they're not all apple trees...

We also discovered some fence that needs to be repaired (of course) and i have an area that I want to flatten out to make it easier to walk. Those will be fun things, though. I can't wait to start digging again!

I found a nice spot along the south side of the house for my garden. I think it will warm up quickly in the spring because of it's proximity to the wall of the house, and it will be easy for me to put a little rabbit-and-deer-repelling fence around it without making it really ugly. It will be fun to prepare the garden space and plan for next year's garden! So excited!

I can't wait until we move in so I can start showing actual pictures of the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment