Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kitchen Dreams. Part 1b: Desires!

It is so exciting to plan projects for the new house! It will be months and months before we start work on the kitchen. But in the meantime, here are more things I love in a kitchen!

Stainless Appliances
I know some people are already talking about how they are "over" stainless steel, but I disagree. I think stainless continues to look rich. I like the look of it. I do think that any color has the potential to look nice, though. We had black appliances in our old kitchen and that actually worked well; black still looks sophisticated without the glitter of stainless. White works with white cabinets. Stainless appliances will probably make an appearance in the new house. I just hope our local Blue Hardware Store will still be having their appliance sale when it comes time for us to buy appliances!

Desk Area
I think these are a cute addition. It's nice to have organization central located in a central location like the kitchen. I actually kind of love everything about this kitchen...
I don't know if we will find a place to put a kitchen desk in the new house. That's ok though, I'd choose a beverage center over a desk anyway :)

Double Oven
I love love love to bake and cook. I love having tons of people over to eat my food. I can't *wait* to beautify the new kitchen and fill the house with delicious smells of food. So it stands to reason that my ideal kitchen would have plenty of places to make food happen!I actually like the color of the cabinets in this picture, too.

Pot Filler
Such a small detail, but so helpful! If you're filling your labstah paht, you don't want to carry that bad boy all the way across the kitchen.
The only problem I have with these is that often they are not very well-hidden. They are plunked right down in the middle of the pretty backsplash tile work. If we had one of these, I'd make sure to tuck it off to one side so it wasn't visible when not in use.

What things would you love to have in a kitchen? Do you have any of these and love them? Do you have more things in your kitchen that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment